Fox News’ internal investigation into sexual harassment allegations against former CEO Roger Ailes is now looking at whether network execs knew about the behavior and didn’t do anything, sources told the New York Times. The investigation, conducted by the law firm Paul, Weiss, is still focused on Ailes and not the network as a whole, but it is looking into whether people at Fox News were aware of Ailes’ alleged conduct and enabled him by not stopping it. The Times had previously reported on more than a dozen women who told them about sexual harassment by Ailes and others at the network, portraying a culture of workplace intimidation.
So far in the investigation, more than 20 women have discussed Ailes engaging in improper behavior, a source told the Times. Past and current Fox News employees are reportedly still scheduled to speak to investigators. This news comes on the heels of former anchor Laurie Dhue‘s attorney, Bruce Schaeffer, saying that the investigation was not thorough enough, and that no one approached Dhue for the investigation. Schaeffer also said that investigators didn’t speak with ex-booker Laurie Luhn either. Earlier this week, Luhn gave a tell-all interview with New York Magazine, describing 20 years of alleged harassment from Ailes.
Fox News’ parent company, 21st Century Fox, did not comment to the Times on the current status of the investigation, but did say in a statement on Tuesday that Paul, Weiss “remains counsel to us and is dealing with any and all issues as they arise.”
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]