Lawandcrime.com, founded by ABC News Chief Legal analyst Dan Abrams, has become the must read and watch site for the latest big legal stories and live criminal trials of the day. We are now looking to expand our small team of ambitious, energetic, legal experts and journalists who have been editing, analyzing and covering the most talked about stories –from the legal issues during the Trump administration/Mueller probe to the highest profile trials.
The writer/editor will be responsible for pitching and writing several smart, well-written stories a day. Speed and excellent news judgment is a must. The candidate should also have the ability to predict the legal angles of the big breaking stories that everyone will be talking about it. The ideal candidate will have a constant pulse of the news, can react quickly to breaking situations. If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle, then we want to talk to you!
• 1 to 3 years minimum experience
• Legal background a plus*
• Familiarity with WordPress and SEO a plus
• A jack-of-all-trades type attitude and a team player
• A serious passion for the world of law and crime, including an understanding of the judicial system and the political landscape
• Be able to thrive under pressure, and excel when stress levels are at their highest; experience working in fast-paced, breaking news environment is a plus
*Flexibility to work nights and/or weekends is a plus as well. Pay will start low with room to grow (and will be more than disappointing for any practicing lawyers)
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]